Haier Play of the Day

Saturday, December 6

What the hell is a Faun?

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
I had heard so much about this movie - how it was the best adult fairy-tale ever filmed, the art direction is freaking amazing, its was too good to be true. Apparently, its too believable to be supernatural. I wasn't impressed as much as I thought I would be, maybe I expected too much.
The story is an amalgamation of a little girl, Ofelia's imagination and real life resistance to a Spanish tyrant which is no childs' play. The interplay of these stories is very well done and the higher meaning is also very well potrayed.
The little girl is a princess in her own world where her father is the king and the mother is the king. In reality, her father dies and her mother marries a Spanish captain. Ofelia has her own world of story books and fantasy. When her step brother is being born, her mother dies. Simultaneously, the resistance gets better of the captain brings about his downfall. The climax is a test of her character where she chooses to give her blood over the blood of an innocent (her step brother)
Yes, its a very vivid storyline and the art direction is great, but, seriously...I don't see it...
I don't see why the movie is so abso-fuckin-lutely great?
And what the hell is a faun?
Rate - 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment