Haier Play of the Day

Monday, December 1

I dont believe in angels, I only believe in pain!

Max Payne (2008)

What a pathetic movie! I mean, this was a serious waste of time. Mark Wahlberg is a really bad Max Payne. Why couldn't they have Timothy Gibbs play Max Payne (it was him on which the character was designed in the game - The Fall of Max Payne) The game is super excellent and the movie is miles away from even dreaming of being so good.

This shows that good visuals and sin-city-like styling maketh not a good movie. Maketh a good movie - Substance. And this movie needs a serious dose of substance. Because we all know the characters, we understand the depth of the story, but the movie itself has poor characterization. The entire flying demons part looks very nice and the part when Payne takes the Vikaryl is very well done. But that all that I can praise the movie for. I seriously couldn't find anything on the upside (and believe me, I tried)

And to make matters worse, Olga Kurleyenko (the not-hot-at-all Bond girl) does a small bit in the movie. Thank heavens she doesn't have a rash when she takes her top off.

Rate - 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment