Haier Play of the Day

Wednesday, December 3

What the fuck have you done recently?

Wanted (2008)
This movie is an adrenalin rush. What an action movie! But...there is no storyline. Lets just throw logic out of the window, then the movie is fanta-bolous. (I'm not sure wheather I'm praisin' or dissin')
But seriously, the action sequences are brilliant. Whatever you might say about the story and the wannabe nature of the movie (Wanted to Fight Club and James McAvoy to Edward Norton) I enjoyed the whole bending bullets, trainwrecks and bullet time shootings. And Angelina Jolie. What can I say, I'm a sucker for tatoos which are strategically placed.
The build up when the protaganist is a loser is what makes it gripping. After the self discovery, the character looses his charm and the story takes over. (huh, what story?)
The movie also sends out a message - Take control of your life. (just like Fight Club) "This is me taking control. Of nagging bosses. Of cheating girlfriends. Of back-stabbing best friends. And of evil-minded villians. What the fuck have you done recently?"
Rate - 3/5 (only for the insane action!)

No comments:

Post a Comment