Haier Play of the Day

Sunday, January 4

A heart is all you need for revenge!

Ghajini (2008)
Finally, I went to see this movie so that I can diss the movie to no ends. And in the first ten minutes, I was convinced this blog would include insane profanity. But then, something happened. The movie actually picked up.
The most important thing in a movie is its story. This film just proves my point. Although, the movie is pretty much bullshit for international standards, its pretty good for Indian audiences. Why? Because the story is gripping. (And that is obviously a gift from the west)
The story is tweaked for bollywood. For staters, the movie is in normal chronological order, with extensive flashbacks. (They wanted to fill seats and have "Ghajini" hair-cut men sell popcorn) There are other plots intertwined, not very well, might I add. The love story delivers a strong feel to the movie, which is probably its' saving grace. The medical student story is well thought of. And the female trafficking and having an actual character called Ghajini is where they really fucked it up. And to top that, Mr. Amir Khan refuses to admit that the story is a "Memento" rip off! Bullocks!!
But I can only talk good things about his acting skills. He plays the freak very well and a mature man in love even better. And the crazy body that he has developed for the movie pays off when the audience whistles away to glory when he takes his shirt off! (as if he was the new Bond girl!)
Asin's character is very lovable and she has carried it beautifully for a new comer. She has a sultry south Indian figure (fuller around the pelvis) in contrast to her debuting counterpart Anushka Sharma (hot punjaban!) If you talk about the acting, both the girls have done a very good job. But you all know who I would pick for my new fav, wouldn't you!
Jiah Khan is underused in the movie. She is hot as hell! (Much like Jessica Alba!)
The music is quite nice, but has a very short shelf life.
Since the movie has a hilariously happy ending, the point potrayed in this film is - Although I cant remember shit after fifteen minutes, all I need to avenge my dead girlfriend (whom I lied to, by the way!) is a heart! And a hot medical student!
Revenge is a dish best served cold - Kill Bill Vol I
Rate - 2.5/5
If Aditya Chopra is obsessed with the colour yellow, A R Murgadoss is obsessed with people drinking water. Check out the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment