Haier Play of the Day

Monday, January 26

A film on film making

Amator (1979)
This is far from being a classic film, but for all aspiring short film makers like me, its gold.
A man bought a video camera to film his new born daughter, ended up winning awards for his short films. Film about a midget who worked with him for 25 years, film about how promises to change the world were broken, film about pigeons on the window. The kind of short films I'd love to watch and make. This movie stole my heart for the sheer reason why the man was so driven. Apart from the art of film making, he wanted to potray the truth through his films. And change. Now we all know change is the biggest five lettered word there is, but so is truth.
I wish I could make such films some day.
Rate - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment