Haier Play of the Day

Saturday, January 31

All it takes is a K.I.S.S.

French Kiss (1995)
This is a complete movie. It has just the right amount of romance, comedy, sex and well, that something that makes a movie a classic. I'd rate this movie almost next to Notting Hill, Music and lyrics, When Harry met Sally and Titanic.
Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline look too good to be true in the film. Their chemistry comes off as natural as a real American-French pair. Apart from a strong storyline, France has been potrayed in a very "place I was born" way. In the Hindi rip off, Pyaar to hona hi tha, the lead pair actually fell for each other and got married. (Ajay Devgan and Kajol) So, that says enough for the power of the French kiss.
The last act of Kate giving away all her life savings to help this frenchman she only knows for a week, reminds me of O Henry stories, and the purity of love in the literature of that time. This movie has that effect on people.I remember seeing the movie when I was in school, and I loved it then. But now that I saw it again, after breaking up from a super - serious relationship, I really get what the movie means. Or maybe its just the blues that one would apprieciate romantic movies more. Whatever be the case, the sheer brilliance of the movie cannot be denied by any man's futile attempts to find love!
Experience the french kiss!
Rate - 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment