Haier Play of the Day

Wednesday, December 17

kya aapne RAB ko dekha hai??

Rab ne bana di jodi (2008)

Another Shah Rukh Khan masala fantasy fillum. As much I am a fan of this guy, I think he is starting to loose it. And Aditya Chopra does a fare job in his comeback after Mohobattein.

I think the uber cool Shah Rukh was very irritating. I loved the character of Mr. Suri, the plain simple paplu Shah Rukh, who doesn't know much about things in life...but knows enough about things that really matter. Anushkha Sharma is very hot and an extremely cool dancer. Vinay Shukla does very well in his short role.

The filming, I must say, is very crisp and clear. Bright loud colours and pastel tones that make characters stand out of their skin. The stunning innocence of Suri, the gorgeous Punjabi-ness of Taaniji and the irritating Raj! But the background music is the same old tune that plays every 20 seconds (the same deal with all Chopra-Johar films) Aditya Chopra tries to make a new age comedy but gets caught in his age old addage of senti crap in between for all the saas - bahu type females. And if I had a penny for every time they said RAB in the movie, I'd be rich enough to a translator for myself so I'd sit and watch the film with her! (Read punjabi)

I wish this film was director by Dibaker Banerjee (Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye and Khosla ka ghosla) Atleast we would've had a lot less RAB and a lot more laughs!

Rate - 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment