Haier Play of the Day

Wednesday, January 14

Cinematic poetry of sex and violence!

Oldboy (2003)
This is the only korean and one of the very few South east Asian movies I've seen. But all had the ultimate cinematography and storylines (Hero, Crounching tiger hidden dragon) I was simply blown away. I had seen the hindi remake of this movie (Zinda) but this is just out of the world!
The weird story is extremely well written. Why a man is subjected to 15 years of confinement by a lunatic and the ending - "Maybe you're asking the wrong question! The question is why did I let you free after 15 years?"
The movie is not all that violent, neither does it have all that much of sex. But it is potrayed in such a stylized and slick manner, that I literally had my balls in my mouth during some sequences. I wouldn't want to spoil the ending for you. Go watch it!
This is a must watch for people who love good cinema!
Rate - 4/5

1 comment: